Dachshunds, commonly referred to as wiener dogs, are beloved dogs that many families own. When you own a dachshund, the love for the dog often goes beyond the daily walks and petting. If you adore your dachshund then there are a lot of living room decorating options for both style and the health of the dog.
Consider implementing all of these decorating tips into your current living room set-up.
Living Room Furniture
The health of a dachshund is very important for this unique canine. Dachshunds are known for their elongated backs, which can cause major spine issues as the dogs get older. There are many living room furniture pieces that can promote healthy living for a dachshund and prevent high jumps.
- Low Rising Furniture: Futons and ground level couches offer easy places for dachshunds to climb up and relax. Getting off the furniture puts less pressure on their back and no hard impacts.
- Bean Bags: As an alternative to dog beds, bean bags offer great seating spots for both children and dachshunds. A dog can sink right into a bean bag and relax.
- Reclining Chairs: Reclining chairs are ideal for dachshunds. Instead of picking them up to sit with you, the recliner can create a natural ramp for the dog to climb up.
Avoiding Tight Spaces
When setting up your living room, it's a good idea to keep it as open as possible. Squeezing through tight spaces or turning around sharp corners can often add unnecessary pressure on a dachshund's back and limbs.
Open spaces may be harder to configure in smaller living rooms or apartments, but you can always downgrade the size of specific furniture pieces like the coffee table.
Dachshund Furniture Accessories
Decorating with dachshund designs is a fun way to celebrate your love for the dog breed. There are many accessories with a dachshund theme that can be added to furniture items.
- Dachshund Throw Pillows: One of the more popular throw pillow designs is a split silhouette on a dachshund. The first half of the body appears on one throw pillow while the second half appears on the other. These pillows are available in dozens of colors and designs.
- Dachshund Body Pillows: Add a long body pillow to your living room couch. A dachshund body pillow case features printed designs of the animal. This includes a single picture or a patterned design.
- Dachshund Throw Blankets: You can either get a custom printed blanket or find an already-made dachshund design. These blankets are great for decorating in the winter months.
Dachshund Wall Decor
Fill your walls with dachshund decor to celebrate the life and love for your pet.
- Dachshund Quote Prints: Order a print featuring quotes about dachshunds. An example includes "A half-a-dog high and a dog and a half long."
- Dachshund Movie Posters: Movies like "The Ugly Dachshund" and "Wiener Dog Nationals" feature dachshunds prominently on the posters. Framed posters would look great in a living room that also serves as the main home theater.
- Dachshund Wall Decals: Use wall decals to add a variety of dachshund designs including silhouettes, dachshunds holding balloons, or text about the dog.
Finish the decoration of your living room with novelty products that celebrate the shape and form of a dachshund.
- Remote Control: A TV remote in the shape of a dachshund can be programmed to multiple devices. If you enjoy your remote, you can also consider a dachshund remote holder. The holder features a dachshund in a sitting position with the paws stretched out to hold the remote.
- Coasters: Add little dachshund love to your coffee table with a collection of coasters. It's easy to find various dachshund designs that often include images of the small puppies.
- Coffee Table Books: Add large books about dachshunds to your coffee table. The images are great to look at and guests will enjoy all the different reading options.
Your love for dachshunds can easily go all out with every option or become nicely accented by choosing a select few of the available options.Share